I will be outlining the best vacation ideas for you or your family during Covid-19. Just like most people me and my family have had…
1. Did you know that Colorado is the only state in history, to turn down the Olympics. In 1976 the Winter Olympics were planned to be held in Denver, but 62% of all state voters choose at almost the last minute not to host the Olympics. They felt that the cost, pollution and population boom it would have on the State Of Colorado, and the City of Denver. Those who live in Colorado work hard to preserve its beauty.
2. The world’s largest flat-top mountain is in Grand Mesa, this is definitely something to see when you are visiting Colorado.
3. Now I don’t know if this is true, but Denver, lays claim to the invention of the cheeseburger. The trademark for the name Cheeseburger was awarded in 1935 to Louis Ballast. Can you image the look on peoples faces the first time they tasted a cheeseburger.
4. If you are planning a road trip through Colorado you may want to think twice if you are afraid of heights. The highest paved road in North America is the road to Mt. Evans off of I-70 from Idaho Springs, this road climbs up to 14,258 Ft. above sea level.
5. Did you know that the United States federal government owns more than 1/3 of the land in Colorado.
6. If you looking to get back to nature, you may like to know that Colorado has 222 state wildlife areas.
7. This sounds like it would be a great trivia question, what is the longest continuous street in America? Colfax Avenue in Denver is the longest continuous street in America.
8. The 13th step of the state capital building in Denver is exactly 1 mile high above sea level. You have to wonder who in the world thinks to measure that. I know those people who answers questions no one asked.
9. The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel between Clear Creek & Summit counties is the highest auto tunnel in the world. Bored at an elevation of 11,000 feet under the Continental Divide it is 8,960 feet long and the average daily traffic exceeds 26,000 vehicles. Now don’t you feel smarter knowing this?
10. Katherine Lee Bates wrote “America the Beautiful” after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak. This proves that if you just get out and see the world, you never know what will inspire you.
11. Did you know the tallest building in Colorado is the Republic Plaza at 57 stories high, in Denver.
12. This next cool fact is for those cowboys and cowgirls. Did you know that every year Denver host the worlds largest Rodeo, the Western Stock show.
13. If you are look for a great place to go hiking with your family, this is a great fact that may help you decide where to go. Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in City limits and 20,000 Acres of parks in the nearby mountains.
14. No Bull! Did you know that the World’s First Rodeo was held on July 4th, 1869 in Deer Trail.
15. If you got short of breath your last trip to Colorado. You may be interested in knowing that Colorado has the highest mean altitude of all the states.
16. If you are looking for the mysterious, then you would love to know that there is a place in Colorado where an entire civilization vanished without a trace. Mesa Verde features an elaborate four-story city carved in the cliffs by the Ancestral Pueblo people between 600 and 1300 A.D. The mystery surrounding this ancient cultural landmark is the sudden disappearance of the thousands of inhabitants, who created the more than 4,000 identified structures. Now that is a cool fact!
17. This next fact is for the beer drinkers, did you know that Colorado has more microbreweries per capita than any other state.
18. This next fact is for all those fair goers. The Kit Carson County Carousel in Burlington dates back to 1905, making it the oldest wooden merry-go-round in the United States. It is the only wooden carousel in America still with its original paint. Now the biggest question is who would want to ride the oldest merry-go-round?
19. The world’s largest natural hot springs pool located in Glenwood Springs. The two-block long pool is across the street from the historic Hotel Colorado, a favorite stop of former president Teddy Roosevelt.
20. If you want to visit four states in an instant, then Colorado is the place for you. Here is a very cool fact, Colorado’s southwest corner borders Arizona, New Mexico and Utah the only place in America where the corners of four states meet.